Tuesday 13 July 2010

Census 2010

Yesterday 2 guys from the National Statistics Department came to my house at around 6pm to conduct the Population and Housing Census (Banci Penduduk dan Perumahan) 2010. I wasn't sure whether I should let them in the house because at that time, DH had not come back from work. But as it turned out, it wasn't necessary to let them in. In fact, I didn't even open the gate.

The first thing they asked after greeting me was whether I have an internet connection. When I said yes, they asked whether I'd like to fill up the census online. I quickly agreed. They gave me a slip of paper which contains a unique code for my household and a brief instruction for completing the census online.

I have done the online census, called e-census this morning. It took me about 30 minutes to complete the questionnaire. It was easy to do because the information required is not that detailed, except for my maid's particulars (birthdate, address in Indonesia). Well, I suppose it would be more tedious for those who have many children.

If you'd like to get yours done online but have not received the unique code from their enumerators, you may want to make a call to e-Census hotline number at 1-800-88-7828. You may also obtain further details from the Statistics Department's official website at http://www.statistics.gov.my/portal/index.php?lang=en

Selamat menjalankan tanggungjawab anda!

3 comments:

Ummu Auni said...

kalau ada, adalah..rasanya tak sempat kut sebelum aini pergi UK, hoho

Yasmin's Mummy said...

Boleh buat online Aini, just call the hotline. But you're going to UK today kan.. tak sempatlah kot. have a safe and fun journey ok.

Ibu WA Alim said...

Tima kacih tlg beritahu.