Friday 29 May 2009

Decision, Decision ...

IPTA A:
Part time position for 3 months. If everything goes well, a contract position will be offered after the 3 months period.
Subject to be taught: Advanced Accounting for 2nd year students
Level of difficulty: tough
No. of teaching hours: 6 hours per week during the part time posting. For contract position, follow normal working hours.
Distance from home: 35 – 40 km
Student/staff mix: Malaysians, international

IPTS B:
Contract position for 1 year. Upon completion of the 1 year, will be absorbed into permanent position if I perform well.
Subjects to be taught: Accounting I and II, Financial Statement Analysis, and 2 more for freshmen of an American Degree Program
Level of difficulty: not tough
No. of teaching hours: 18 hours per week. Office hours 8 - 4, but there's some flexibility, depending on class schedule
Distance from home: 20 – 25 km but heavy traffic during peak hours
Extra Perk for permanent staff: Sponsorship to pursue PHD at the university
Student mix: Malaysians (mainly Chinese), international (20 – 30%)

IPTS C:
Permanent position
Subject to be taught: Finance !
Level of difficulty: hmm may be tough
Distance from home: About 15 km
Extra perk: Sponsorship to pursue PHD at the university.
Student mix: Malaysian (mainly Malays)

Salary wise, IPTA A offers the lowest because only 6 hours of teaching is required. But once the position is converted into a contract position, the pay will be similar to IPTS B. HR personnel of IPTS C promises to convince her boss to offer a slightly higher salary than what IPTS B is offering me.

Reputation wise, I would think that IPTA A has the highest reputation. IPTS B isn't too bad especially among the Chinese. As for IPTS C, I think it's not well known at all. But according to my cronies at MARA, IPTS C students get scholarship from MARA.

Where should I go? If I listen to my Mother's advice, accept the highest offer. If only it's that simple. I know I've made some pretty bad decisions in the past where my career is concerned, so I don't want to repeat my mistakes. Please Lord, give the best to me and may family.



7 comments:

Ummu Auni said...

perform solat duha everyday/ make it a habit. ust zahazan kata solat duna is also istikharah, sungguh! Allah akan makbulkan segala permohonan kita

nida said...

Choose that suit u best (of course the best for u n familyla).. istikharah, insyaallah Allah will help.

Ibu WA Alim said...

Saya rasa saya lbh suka IPTA A dan IPTS C..sbb rasa lbh bermakna utk menyumbang kpd anak-anak bangsa..
Sori..lama tak ke udara sbb sya tiada d rumah dr pagi 30/5 hinggalah sampai balik ptg smlm 6.45..

Yasmin's Mummy said...

I rejected IPTA A already. Rasa tak sanggup pula travel jauh2.

I wanted to accept IPTS C tapi yang lemahnya kena kerja every saturday. Teaching hours pun jauh lebih banyak dari tempat2 lain.

cekna said...

camana skrg?dah buat pilihan ko?smoga dpt yg terbaik.

Nida said...

keje doh ko? Senyapppp jah. Bila nak bersiaran lagi? rindula..

Nida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.