Friday 4 March 2011

The Spa Treatment

DD has been unwell these past few days. Fever, flu, sorethroat and headaches come and go. Poor thing.. I still make her go to school (except for KAFA yesterday) because as it is, she has already missed school a lot this year.

I thought a little pampering would perk her up a bit. So the other I announced to her that I was going to give her home spa treatment. She got excited. I lined the bed with a batik sarong for a little bit of spa ambience.

As I started giving her a frangipani body scrub, I told her to close her eyes and imagine that she's at the beach. She promptly declared, "I'm in Hawaii." "Can you hear the breeze blowing the coconut leaves?" I asked. "No, I can hear the motorbike," was her response.

It was actually the newspaper delivery guy, who came around to collect the payment for February. I returned to the bedroom after making payment to the guy. I asked DD, "Are you still in Hawai?" Her answer was, "No, I'm in Disneyland!". I jokingly reprimanded her that Disneyland is for excitement, not for relaxation.

Later on I applied bedak sejuk on her face. Once the bedak became dry, she immediately sat upright and said "Zombe!!!" ala Awie in the movie Hantu Kak Limah Balik Rumah. By the way, we watched the movie on You Tube the other night and it was hilarious.

Next I clipped DD's nails. It was the first time in a year or so, because DD has been clipping her nails by herself. She became nervous, worried that I might hurt her accidentally. So much for trusting your mother!

I finished off the treatment by giving her a shoulder massage and a footrub. Then I declared, "You're as good as new now".

Overall, it was a good quality time for the two of us.

6 comments:

Nida said...

good ideala maksu. Rasa2nya sesuai x Ida nok wak pd anak2 teruna? ;)

Ibu WA Alim said...

Syoknye dpt layan anak mcm tu..rasa2nye awak pun rasa relax lps tu..

Nak pi spa jugaklah kat Acasia!

Hari tu Alim dah ajak saya tgk HKLBR kat comp. Rasanya Munirah download dr kawan dia. Tak tertgk2 lagi saya. Alim dah tgk separuh jln. Dia ajak saya teman dia tgk tu dia kata bkn sbb dia takut..

Ummu Auni said...

bilalah nak memanjakan diri di spa? ehehe

Yasmin's Mummy said...

Nida: Hehe.. kalau anak bongsu Ida boleh lagi bagi massage, letak bedak segala. Yg lain tak tau le .. tapi for sure, kalau bagi kat hubby dia suka kihkihkih.

IWA: Memang best. Acasia kat mana? HKLBR tu kelakar, tapi Yasmin banyak juga adegan tutup muka.

UA: Kat sini mahal kan. Senang2 beli products, buat sendiri kat rumah dgn Auni.

Ibu WA Alim said...

Awak tak tau Acasia kat mana???

Yasmin's Mummy said...

IWA: Tak pernah dengar pun hehe