Sunday 9 March 2008

Carrot Cake

Last night, in between manning the ‘operation centre’, I managed to bake a carrot cake. The so-called operation centre is our family room upstairs. Initially we were equipped with a TV and a computer. But then DH decided that flipping through the multiple channels (TV1, TV3, Astro Awani, Bernama) was too tedious, so he dragged another TV set from our bedroom. He managed the remote controls whilst I surfed a few sites on the internet. In the background, DD was wailing “I want lonely song, I want lonely song”. You know, that song by Akon which goes “lonely, I am so lonely..”. Hmm, Now I wonder whether her choice of song was merely a coincidence.

Back to the carrot cake. MIL was invited to a kenduri aqiqah at her friend’s house today. She asked me to bake a carrot cake as a buah tangan. I willingly agreed, not realising that it would clash with the election results or that I would be glued to the TV and the computer almost the entire night.

Baking the carrot cake proved to be a useful distraction though as the results trickled in fairly slowly. I was done with baking by 11 pm anyway so the next 5 hours was spent almost entirely in my ‘operation centre’.

This morning, I had to drag myself downstairs to do the cream for the cake. I ended up with some cream to spare so I decided to put some ‘designs’ on the cake. The results looked quite amateurish, but DD was excited and I was fairly pleased with my first attempt at cake decoration, so who cares.

I snapped a photo of the finished product with my mobile phone camera and shipped it (the cake, not the photo) to MIL’s house at 11 am.



5 comments:

aida said...

mak su, exciting PRU 12 result eh?
they cake look soooo yummylicious, jangan lupa tulis resipi kat sini

how to do the icing? it looks nice

Ummu Auni said...

nak recipe!
buat icing guna apa

Ibu WA Alim said...

Tunjuk skill nampak..tak seko terror buat kek,.. dll. Hmp..

Yasmin's Mummy said...

Aida & mardhiah12 - I've posted recipe.

ibu wa alim - hehe. dah tengok recipe ike singge dan apam manis, so I thought I'd share the carrot cake recipe here.

Ibu WA Alim said...

Bagus..! KY kue moden2 ni malas layanla..tau dah korang lagi terror..KY amek part old and tradional je lah!