Tuesday 24 May 2005

Honey Bun, Cutie Pie …

25 m-o DD is such a cutie these days, her antics often draw laughter or at least smiles from her parents (But then, parents are always accommodating of their children, aren’t they?) :
  1. She’s a non-stop chatterbox with her Daddy and me. She doesn’t seem to be able to stop talking in German (aka her baby language), often the only understandable being ‘tan’ (kan), as in “Mummy, beogthsha btoenadje ahlsa hebajdn, tan? Weehjsdka iejsjd ofnakd, tan?” So I just say yes or haah or hmm to whatever it is that she needs affirmation. Hopefully I have not said yes to anything negative …
  2. She seldom talks in her sleep, but a couple of nights ago she surprised DH when she said “Allahuakbar” in her sleep at 1 a.m. Actually she’s been saying Allahuakbar a lot lately whenever she’s pretending that she’s praying or when she hears the adzan.
  3. The other day we bought her a tricycle from pasar malam for indoor use. The living room is quite small so she tends to bump into anything that’s in her way. So to avoid accidents, she’d scream ‘Move! Move!’ to whoever is in her way.
  4. Last weekend we spent a night at Allson Klana Resort in Seremban. DD was very thrilled when she saw the swimming pool. She obviously enjoyed our stay there, she hopped around all the time. Yesterday we had dim sum at Cyberjaya and DD just didn’t want to stay indoor, so we took turns to take her outdoor. I took her to the swimming pool area, and she immediately took off her shoes, socks and jeans. She demanded that I help to take off her shirt. It soon became too risky to stay there as she tried to jump into the pool so I had to carry the wildly screaming, almost naked child away. We then promised to take her to the pool in the evening if she behaved, but later on we conveniently forgot about it. Then at around 9 pm she took her swimming suit from the drawers and demanded to put it on. So she was dressed in her swimming suit for the next 2 hours.
  5. She loves to dance! When the music is on, you’ll bet her body will move to the music.
  6. She will only sleep after I read to her. Last night I was reading an old copy of Wanita when she asked me to read. I was too lazy to pick up one of her books so I continued reading the magazine to her, pointing to a picture of a uterus and explaining to her that that's where babies comes from.
  7. We have started teaching her the muqaddam occasionally. I’ve discovered that she’s a stubborn student. When I said ‘ta’, she insisted that it was ‘ba’. In the end she threw the book on the floor, just because I didn’t agree with her. DH said she got her short temper from me, so whenever one (not necessarily her) throws a tantrum, both of us will end up fuming.

4 comments:

atiza said...

somehow i can relate to the tantrum part..

Ni said...

juicyfruiter to spam ke?

bila baca story pasal baby ni mmg best, dlm byk2 perkara SABAR adalah yg plg utama (yg mana saya tiada)

Ummu Auni said...

mak su, when are you going to update your blog?

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about ways to make extra money. I also have a site about ways to make extra money which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!