Monday 6 February 2006

Anugerah Juara Lagu 20

Last night was spent in front of the idiot box watching AJL 20. I’m not an ardent follower of Malaysian music scene, but the hype in the print and electronic media over the last few days got me waiting in anticipation for the event. Moreover, having declared our ‘non-happening’ status, what else is a boring couple to do on a Sunday night after the little darling has K-Oed in bed?

So there we were, two couch potatoes, glued to the TV screen. When the commercials were on, I flipped the channel to RTM2 to watch a malay drama (which was followed by Nujum Pak Belalang), while DH ran upstairs to catch up on the sports programme on Astro. (It’s amazing how much of our lives are centred around the black box. Little wonder we have 3 TV sets in the house).

All things considered, AJL 20 wasn’t disappointing as an entertainment material. There were some good songs, a few
silly dance routines, over done make up, interesting mix for the juries, etc etc. Not to mention cleavages.. hmm, we’re getting more like Hollywood aye? Having enjoyed the performances, in the end I was a little disappointed that my favourite, Awan Yang Terpilu, didn’t win the award. Oh well, life goes on.

Throughout the show, I couldn’t help playing my own guessing game, as in who does this performer remind me of? I’m not just talking about how Mawi’s outfit reminds me of M. Nasir, but about how some singers look uncannily similar to some other famous and non-famous faces:

Ning – I think she looks like a moderator of Cari forum. DH says she looks like Tiara Jacquelina. Either way, she’s more beautiful than ever.

Noraniza Idris – Michael Jackson.

Zainal Abidin – Eli Suriaty (the actress).

Siti Nurhaliza (with her orange/brown handbag) – mak datin

Tris – he looks like someone who attended my alma mater. But that guy is supposed to be a lawyer, I think..

Note to abovementioned names in case you read this blog (I seriously doubt it): No offence. Please don’t pay any attention to a self absorbed blog writer.

No comments: