Thursday 14 April 2005

Happy Birthday Dearest

Yasmin Zulaikha turns two today. She was born on Monday, 14 April 2003 at 4.15 pm. For her father and me, it was the best day in our lives, labour pain aside. The exhilaration beats our wedding or finding out that I graduated with flying colours.

Yasmin was conceived shortly before our fourth wedding anniversary. I found out about the pregnancy a few days before the anniversary and needless to say, the pregnancy was the best anniversary present. After the ups and mostly downs of trying to conceive, I was ready to give up and accept that the day someone would call me Mom would never come.

Alhamdulillah, finally our prayers were answered. To Yasmin, we have lots of hopes: that she will grow up to be a good Muslimah and a good daughter, that she will be successful in her life and in the hereafter, that she will find joy in every little things and that she will be strong in facing life’s hardships.

The past two years had been such a joy and as her father puts it simply, “It has been the best two years of my life”. InsyaAllah, hopefully we will have many more great years to come.

Happy Birthday My Dearest. Mummy and Daddy love you with all our hearts.

2 comments:

aida said...

I remembered she was born on April.. tapi tak ingat exact tarikh. Kiss her for me :)

Ummu Auni said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.